Saturday 11 September 2010

Day 7 Wooler to Dunfermline 87 miles

The day started off wet and after having said my goodbyes at the hostel I was flying through the lanes. The surprise that I'd covered 15 miles in the first hour made me feel good. Bend after bend with long slow climbs a made my way up, a sign greeting me as I crossed into Scotland at Coldstream. I had lunch overlooking a wind farm and enjoyed laying in the grass against my bike watching them rotate as I ate. I was soon off again and made it to Edinburgh at about 3pm, having grown a dislike for Jaguar drivers who seemed to make me a target for the afternoon.

Having spent an hour riding round seeing all the points of the city yes I was lost I found my way out onto the A90, but about half way down it said no cycles not i saw no way foo so I just kept going Hoping that the Forth Road Bridge allowed bikes across otherwise i was in for a 40 mile round trip. Luckily it did and I had reached Dunfermline by 5.30pm having narrowly avoided being struck by a couple of cars.
Tonight I stay with an old Uni friend Rach, her partner James a good lad and their lovely daughter Sarah. And if your reading this Rach, I loved the chilli Spaghetti Bolongnase.

No comments:

Post a Comment